Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Tired old queens

Somedays I ask myself... can a tired old queen keep doing 3 jobs to pay the man? Why is our super power industrial society which promised us all great freedom and leisure costing more and more money so the average person doesn't have time to read a book? I still want to read "The Overworked American" someday cover to cover but I think the whole premise is depressing. I work more than the farmers in the dark ages. Whoa. I need a change of something and I know from experience that it is just this. A change of mind. I/We have decided to make important that which is not. I/We have accepted that I can't earn a living without sacrifice and sweat and even then - god forbid we be too successful. I think the mind has so much power, everything we say, everything we think is coming together collectively to form what we accept as reality. Who made it? I/we did. Don't like it you tired old queen? Change it baby, change, it.

No comments: