Sunday, November 26, 2006

Happy post Thanksgiving 2006 everyone. I have gained some pounds this past week and weekend and I don't even eat Turkey. I saw my rents who visited from Ohio and it was a nice visit. My Mom is doing well despite 3 major bouts with Lymphoma, the last resulting in a stem cell transplant over a year ago. Cancer seems to be a bit too rampant in the neighborhood of Cincinnati, Ohio that I grew up in. My grandmother on my Dad's side died of lung cancer when I was three. My mom has been through said bouts, my aunt Nancy has breast cancer that seems to be aggressive, and I have heard countless tales from my mom of friends succumbing to this cancer or that. I did look it up once and it appeared that Cincinnati had a higher incidence rate for some cancers than the general public but there were so many factors that could be involved the study did not make any conclusions about whether it was statistically relevant. I was not planning to write about all this but I am trying not to censor myself when I sit down and write. I do think stem cell research done responsibly could bring a lot of hope to people with diseases like cancer. I don't know how I feel about all the moral and ethical issues involved since I am not well educated on the issue in general.

Anyway back to Thanksgiving. I am grateful for my health and the health of my partner and children. We are truly blessed and live a charmed life in many ways. I end up needing reminding CONSTANTLY that I should be grateful for what I have in my life. I sometimes think I have 2 dueling entities in me - my ego and my soul. They don't seem to want to get along and the ego thing loves that river of misery, just enough to keep me complaining. I hate complaining. Yet alas I complain. I even complain about complaining. ;-).

I am doing some minor promotion for "Light in August" when I have time. It appears to be the best received single I have released to date. If you like it (or not I guess) please consider leaving a review on the CDBaby.com or iTunes music store for me and telling your friends about it. I am a one man show and any little love I can gather makes me feel good and work harder at getting my music out there.

Well I have to assist putting my little guy to bed. Til next time!
Ciao,
Brent

No comments: