Saturday, December 01, 2007

Still kickin..... in the goood ole US of A

December is here. The sky is blue clear, the wind is chilled but not like Ohio at age 2. Ellie is two at the end of the month and a buddle of pure entertaining cuddleness. I have been getting pleasantly surprised by my sales of digital music lately. Apparently I am big in New Zealand ;-) and there are a handful of fans out in the fantastic UK. I must admit it is fun to me to log into my distribution services for deepnine and the new Brent Roberts release and see roughly where it is selling. I still think of it as so personal since I am not plastered on billboards. I often wonder since I have made so little in the way of public relations efforts on the new release - "How do people find my music?" So if it is not too much of a bother - when you buy a song I released feel free to email me here and tell me why. I would love to know.

I do know I have found some exciting new acts via myspace.com and also via cdbaby's DIY podcast interviews. My latest (ok I am behind the curve on this one I know) is "i am jen." I really dig her melody, arrangement, vocals, the whole nine yards. For the first time since I completed "Paint the Evening Sky" I was inspired to write a new tune after purchasing her first EP. My new tune is called "Life Goes On." I am thinking I will post a demo of it online for download when I get there. I am loving it although it has a heavier, moodier, Grey's Anatomy kind of vibe that my recent work.

OK - I am off to have a day. Peace - more peace and please love yourself and maybe even your neighbor. I know I am working on it!
Brent

No comments: